Sold in over 25 countries, How to Draw Cars Now is not just a purchase, but rather an investment! An investment that will help you build a solid foundation for vehicle illustration and transportation design. This introductory course to drawing cars is designed to help you with the following:
Understand basic automotive terminology
- Fundamental approach to improve your sketching ability
- A structured thinking methodology and mindset for drawing and continuous improvement
- How to work in both traditional and digital mediums
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Upon completion of this course and continued use of the practice exercises, one will be able to:
Execute properly proportioned profile views of vehicles in the sports car, sedan , and even classic car segment.
- Improve their control in sketching freehand
- Learn the different types of mediums to sketch with ie pencils, pens, markers, and gouache paints.
- Understand the importance of primitive shapes and their direct relationship to complex forms
- Approach Marker Rendering with proper methodologies for execution.
- Learn how use traditional drawing techniques and apply them directly to digital tools.
MP4 video files at 1024 X 576 Wide Screen. (also playable on an ipad)
Running Time: 5 hours
Video Files included:
ANALOG DRAWING TECHNIQUES
Basic Sketching exercises – training your arms and hands to acquire consistency in your line work
- Applying Sketching techniques – learn cross hatching techniques and their application
- Thumbnail sketching – A process used for exploring ideas and subject matter
- Basics in Reflections – Learn the fundamentals of reflections and how to apply it.
- Proportion – Learn guidelines for creating realistic looking cars that are well proportioned.
- Marker Rendering – Create a fully detailed marker rendering that builds from the lessons above.
- Intro to Perspective – Learn fundamentals in 1 and 2 point perspective.
DIGITAL DRAWING TECHNIQUES
Digital Tools – Explanation of the digital gear and software used to create your digital painting.
- Intro to using Photoshop and Wacom Tablet
- Work space setup – Choosing resolution, brushes, and basic tools
- Simple Rendering – Helping you get used to sketching digitally
- Intro Speed Painting – A process to help you interpret reality quicker
- Digital painting – A full blown digital painting using Photoshop.
Driven Mavens Mindset – Some of our top blog posts with additional tutorials on digital painting
- Proportions with printable templates
- Value Sketching
- Intro to Perspective with printable templates